ABOUT THE OPEN CALL
Volunteers from: Spain and Lithuania
Number of volunteers: 4 volunteers for 6 months (or) 2 volunteers for 12 months
Project duration: 6 months
- 01.12.2016 – 01.06.2017
- 01.06.2017 – 29.11.2017
(or 12 months)
- 01.12.2016 – 26.11.2017
Project place: Bursa, Turkey
Bursa has a good number of young population over 650.000 – which is our target group – thanks to 2 state universities. So with all the opportunities Both the city and our organization offer, our both local an ınternatıonal volunteers work and participate in different areas according to their interests areas thanks to various activities varying from club activities, language and art related courses and workshops, to seminars and meetings from different interest areas.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Volunteer Movement was founded in October 23rd 2009, in Bursa. Since then, we have been offering social and voluntary opportunities people from 15-30 (from high schools to young working adults) and with this age groups we organize projects, trainings and activities for various age groups ranging from children to old people. We offer them different training opportunities both in our country (local and national) and abroad (exchanges and trainings), and being a part of different projects; in organization they can always find a way to improve their skills and knowledge. We as the organization, care about the free, active youth participation, our organization is totaly organized and run by the volunteers without any link to any belief or political group, but with the coordination of Volunteer Movement team as facilitator. Volunteers will be working mainly in organization where we realize many of our activities which can be called the home of students.
For more details, click here
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Main Topics: Inclusion – equality, disabilities – special needs, creativity and culture
Volunteer will run the workshops and other activities with disabled young people with learning difficulties, down syndrome, autism, etc. in a special education vocational training center (school). Main activities will be held in the school and rest of them may be flexible and changeable.
- To attend workshops, meetings, seminars.
- To attend the On-Arrival Training and other trainings.
- To create some documentaries/presentations regarding cultural events.
- To create some documentaries/presentations on local events regarding youth organizations and local communities in Bursa.
- To develop alternative activities to spend free time for youth.
- To create a presentation about EVS activities.
- To assist young people by providing information on European Opportunities.
- To help coordinators in current exchange projects.
- To help coordinators for organizing social events/workshops for youth.
- To develop and implement activities for youth.
- To develop outdoor activities, especially workshops.
Besides all these, the volunteer is encouraged to come with new ideas, youth initiative, youth exchanges, or other kind of projects which can be suitable with hosting organization.
Profile of the Volunteer:
- to have former voluntary experience with disabled young people is an asset,
- to have former voluntary work experience is a must,
- to have high motivation in youth works,
- to be able to work in teams and also individually according to the task at hand with responsibility,
- to have interest and ability in our activity areas: art, sport, dance, languages, intercultural learning, etc.
- to have solution oriented approach,
- to be open minded,
- to have interest in sustainable projects,
- to be open to intercultural learning and have high motivation,
- to be open to learn and share knowledge,
- to have high interest in Turkish language and culture.
- to have high motivated to meet new people and cultures,
- to have basic knowledge of English is essential to have a more efficient volunteer work,
- to have basic knowledge on design programs is essential.
- to be between 18-26 years old is preferred.
Accommodation & Public Transportation:
- They will be accommodated in a suitable-furnished flat.
- They will have personal place in the shared room of two persons (or) will have a room for one person.
- They will need to share kitchen and bathroom with flatmates.
- Accommodation may be provided in a host family house.
- If a vehicle is necessary to reach the office or project place, public travel card will be provided to the volunteer.
- The volunteer may come to work on foot if the accommodation is in the neighbourhood of the office.
- The volunteer will receive Turkish language support during the project.
- Language support will be given by a teacher who has experience in Turkish teaching to foreign people.
- There will be organized training and support for the volunteer for each of their activities if the volunteer feels the need for it.
- Volunteer will also participate to the On-arrival and Mid-term training courses that are organized by Turkish National Agency.
How to Apply?
You can send your Europass CV’s and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the remark in the topic part – “V-for Inclusion vol.1”