ABOUT THE OPEN CALL
Volunteers from: Italy
Project duration: 1 volunteer for 6 months
- 5 November 2016 – 1 May 2017
Project place: Bursa, Turkey
Bursa has a good number of young population over 650.000 – which is our target group – thanks to 2 state universities and 1 private university. So with all the opportunities Both the city and our organization offer, our both local an ınternatıonal volunteers work and participate in different areas according to their interests areas thanks to various activities varying from club activities, language and art related courses and workshops, to seminars and meetings from different interest areas.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Volunteer Movement was founded in October 23rd 2009, in Bursa. Since then, we have been offering social and voluntary opportunities people from 15-30 (from high schools to young working adults) and with this age groups we organize projects, trainings and activities for various age groups ranging from children to old people. We offer them different training opportunities both in our country (local and national) and abroad (exchanges and trainings), and being a part of different projects; in organization they can always find a way to improve their skills and knowledge. We as the organization, care about the free, active youth participation, our organization is totaly organized and run by the volunteers without any link to any belief or political group, but with the coordination of Volunteer Movement team as facilitator. Volunteers will be working mainly in organization where we realize many of our activities which can be called the home of students.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Main Topics: Creativity and culture, Youth (participation, youth work, youth policy), Teaching and learning of foreign languages
- The volunteers will do the club activities and workshops for different age groups but mostly to children, teenagers and university students differ according to the clubs and their needs. The volunteers will be working mainly in the youth center and the activities will be open to anybody (and they will organize art related workshops photography, painting, theatre, music, etc. (it will be up to their skills)
- will carry out communicative activities especially for foreign language development (their mother tongue or any other language that they can teach to others),
- will organize cultural night to inform people about different countries,
- will have a chance to participate actively in clubs, teams, projects and group activities of the organization,
- to participate a workshop weekly to learn and implement Turkish traditional arts,
- will promote YiA programs and EVS program itself by writing articles on our websites blog and having a part about their project and any other interest areas focused on youth work and related fields.
- will participate and assist or develop social projects in the organization
Profile of the Volunteer:
- Ability to work in teams and also individually according to the task at hand,
- Interest and ability in our activity areas: Art, sport, dance, languages, intercultural learning, etc.
- Motivated to meet new people and cultures,
- Interested in sustainable projects,
- Being open to learn and share knowledge,
- Basic knowledge of English is essential to have a more efficient volunteer work,
- The ones that have former voluntary work experience and youngster with fewer opportunities will be given priority,
- Basic knowledge of using design programs is essential.
- Between 18-26 years old.
Accommodation & Public Transportation:
Volunteers will stay in a flat and share it with other young people who are either students or volunteers of other projects. The basic needs of the daily life will be ready in the flat but no luxury should be expected. Teh flat is located opposite the biggest shopping mall and meeting place in the neighbourhood and again walk distance to the main bus stops and other shops and food places. There will be payment together with your monthly allowance and money for food and public transport.
Support: Volunteer will have a mentor that will support them and help them on all matters related to their tasks, trainings and social life.
How to Apply?
You can send your CV’s and motivation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the remark in the topic part – “EVS- Youth Participation at Youth Center”